Winter Weather Storm Damage
Call SERVPRO of Elk River, Becker, and Big Lake at (612) 444 - 3336!
Why is Pipe Freezing an Issue?
Water has specific properties that causes expansion when it freezes. When it is expanding, it is putting pressure on the pipes surrounding it. This amount of pressure can cause the pipes to crack or break.
Pipes Known for Freezing the Most:
- Exposed to severe cold
- Water supply pipes
- Run against exterior walls
How to Protect Freezing Pipes?
- Drain water from pool and water sprinkler lines
- Remove, drain, and store hoses
- Add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- Consider relocating exposed pipes
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes?
- Keep garage doors closed
- Open kitchen and cabinet doors to allow warm air to circulate
- Leave heat on when traveling
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature throughout the day
All of these are tips and tricks to use throughout the winter weather but cannot guarantee anything.
If you are to experience water damage from a pipe burst, contact SERVPRO of Elk River, Becker, and Big Lake at (612) 444 - 3336! We will respond in a quick manner to begin the process!
Our crew is available 24/7 at (612) 444 - 3336!